Thursday 13 September 2012

And waiting......

Cancer involves a lot of waiting.

I was all set to see my oncologist today to learn whether chemo was going to be of benefit to me in reducing my risk of another recurrence.
Yesterday I got a call from her receptionist to tell me that the results of the test were not back and therefore it was no point in coming in.

I didn't realise how much I had been focusing on that appointment, treading water till I could get some plan of action in place.

Appointment has been re-scheduled for next week. 

And so here I am waiting again.

In the meantime N's graduation was very special - if not very very very long. 6 hours in fact.
I am proud to share that he was awarded a prize for commitment. To what you may ask? Well to any cause that he felt worthy of pursuing. (often his own cause) It is a recognition of his determination and perseverance in things that mattered to him. A great way to end his school years.

I can also report that I found the leak in the mattress, repaired it and only had to re-inflate twice during the night.

I will again attempt to sleep on it tonight - perhaps I am also worthy of a perseverance award. 

In honour of R U OK? Day I can report that I am, even though I was bummed out yesterday when the appointment got cancelled.

So I will keep treading water, stay busy and wait.

As always

P xx


2 comments:

  1. I continue to keep you in my thoughts.
    x

    PS and well done to N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention. Love you.

    ReplyDelete